Volunteering is a good strategy to help with finding a new job. When you volunteer you get a few big advantages!
1. You make contacts in the community that can lead to great job leads.
2. You may find that the organization you volunteer for may be seeking employees in the future and if they have seen you work, you have a big head start of getting one of those jobs.
3. You get to add some great references for your resume.
4. You get some super work experience that looks very good on a resume.
5. You can find out if the field of work where you are volunteering is a place of interest for you.
6. You can work in a low stress environment where everyone is happy you are there.
7. You are helping others and the community as a whole and that's just a nice feeling.
If you want to talk more about the power of volunteering as a job search strategy give us a call and we can help you help yourself and the community at the same time. Robert -Vocational Counselor