I had a little fun and wrote a special job finding Christmas carol, Now I'm not going to sing it, I'll give you the words. Its sung to the tune of the 12 days of Christmas
On the first Day of Christmas my Counselor gave to me
1. Eye catching resume
3. Good suggestions
4. Helpful referrals
5. Interview questions
6. Online Apps
7. Helpful feedbacks
8. Employment ideas
9. Employment contacts
10. Job finding lessons
11. Application ideas
12. Great job leads
Merry Christmas to everyone and if you are looking for help finding employment in the new year give us a call at the Community Service Centre, Maybe there is a new job that will put the Happy in Happy New Year!
Robert - Vocational Counselor.
Volunteering is a good strategy to help with finding a new job. When you volunteer you get a few big advantages!
1. You make contacts in the community that can lead to great job leads.
2. You may find that the organization you volunteer for may be seeking employees in the future and if they have seen you work, you have a big head start of getting one of those jobs.
3. You get to add some great references for your resume.
4. You get some super work experience that looks very good on a resume.
5. You can find out if the field of work where you are volunteering is a place of interest for you.
6. You can work in a low stress environment where everyone is happy you are there.
7. You are helping others and the community as a whole and that's just a nice feeling.
If you want to talk more about the power of volunteering as a job search strategy give us a call and we can help you help yourself and the community at the same time. Robert -Vocational Counselor
I just had a look at the new phone book for Prince Albert. It gave me an idea. As you know the phone book has a yellow pages directory that lists all of the businesses in Prince Albert. So did you know...
Staff members at PACSC will be updating the blog regularly, watch for changes.